Monday, April 21, 2008

Pixies on Rock Band

Photobucket

I hadn’t seen this over the weekend, but it was announced that the video game Rock Band will now be selling complete albums, and that among the first to go on sale will be the Pixies’ “Doolittle,” in June. Even better, I have to say, is that the very first offering will be Judas Priest’s “Screaming for Vengeance,” coming this week. (For those who were not in the fourth grade in 1982, it’s the one with “You’ve Got Another Thing Comin’.”)

Albums will cost $14.99, and individual songs $2. “Wave of Mutilation” is already on the game, as the “100% expert” drummer video below testifies.

“Interactive” or not, the price sounds a bit high to me. But at least this is better news than “Saints of Los Angeles.”


5 comments:

rudylandsam said...

will the Amelda album be available?

Anonymous said...

Wow! If I bought Doolittle, I would totally buy this excellent book to really get the most out of the album:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0826417744/102-7973337-7124113

B. said...

And were I female I would TOTALLY slap down my estro-shekels for this.

Jake Rosenberg said...

i was gonna email you about this, glad you heard.

fyi, the first Cars album is going to be in there as well.

i was just saying the other day i'd love it if rock band allowed you a digital album download when you bought an album in-game, so that you could get an mp3 version to take with you on the road (not that I don't own all three of those albums already, but still...)

hey rock band: TAKE THESE CHAINS OFF!!

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.