Monday, June 22, 2009

Bad cover alert: ‘Crazy Train,’ G.I. Joe style


What’s a big-budget action movie without a snotty, anonymous, corporate-rock-still-sucks punk/metal/NIN-ish cover of a classic rock song or TV theme? You had My Chemical Romance doing “Desolation Row” for Watchmen, MxPx playing the Scooby Doo theme, Green Day defacing the Simpsons theme, and zillions more that I can’t remember just now. (Can you think of any good ones? I would love to get a list going.)

Here’s the first contribution of summer 2009 that I’ve noticed so far: In the background of this new trailer for G.I. Joe (above), you can hear CTRL-ALT-suck being applied to Ozzy’s “Crazy Train.” It starts at about 0:30. No soundtrack that I can find yet, so I guess we’ll have to wait to find out whether Disturbed, Papa Roach or Trapt did this one.

2 comments:

Simon LeBron said...

Prolly my fav is "Careless Whisper" by Seether.

Anonymous said...

Hollywood Undead - Undead

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQhFRyfWZUA&feature=fvw